Unit 15: Tools, Tools and Tools, What Exactly Are tools?

In my work I've begun to investigate new work space tools that can help my developers and I keep a running list of prioritized items within our proprietary systems. We're looking into platforms through JIRA software and others to help this communication and workflow. I was astounded at the number of options available (and their prices)! Digital tools are certainly a booming industry. 

Of the many digital tools listed in this unit, I've used a few:


  • The Internet Archive: Wayback Machine is helpful for both personal and work related projects. 
  • Dropbox is an excellent way to share and store large files. 
  • My family has a running Wunderlist of to-dos and ideas.
  • Prezi was helpful throughout college and has applications for the workplace, if time allows.
  • Google Docs and Sheets help me share ideas and data with family and friends, and has been integral in planning my wedding and honeymoon. 

The above are what easily come to mind, but I know others who rely heavily on digital tools to order both life and work. Though it may be surprising now, soon the use of digital tools in everyday life will be commonplace. 

Speaking of digital tools, in recent days I've also become very familiar with the map journal builder aspect of ArcGIS, which I am using to create my final project. Its coming along nicely and I think I will be happy with the final result. If I'm lucky I will be able to post a draft on Friday for any feedback.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 13: Data Visualization

Unit 14: Big Picture, User Participation Projects and Crowd-Sourcing (Genealogy)

Unit 12: Digital Online Archives